Friday, September 2, 2016

Fall Fun Series: An Introduction and Fall Tag!



Hello there friends! This will be a new post series that myself, and a bunch of old and new blogging friends will be engaging in this autumn season. We will be covering our fall wax melts, candles, recipes, decorations, and more. Please feel free to join us in the comments when we post by telling us what you are melting or creating or loving this fall. If you are a blogger and would like to join us please let us know and we will send you the schedule of posts. Please welcome the following bloggers and check out their posts as well which will generally post Monday and Friday starting September and ending the day after Thanksgiving (some may post on different days or times):

Amanda at ThriftyPolished
Jessica at The Meltdown Blog
Lauren at LoloLovesScents
Liz at Furianne
Sandra at Finger Candy
Stephanie at Imperfectly Painted
Sunnee at Our Sunny Life



To kick off the first post we will do a Fall Tag!

1. What is your favorite thing about fall?

The decorations. Throughout the season, the colors and decor that can be found throughout buildings, stores, and houses makes something in my core extremely happy.


2. Do you get fall colors where you live?

You know, I don't know. We landed in Korea during winter, so it's hard to say whether there is a 'fall' phase. I assume so, as all of the other colors and seasons make themselves known.


3. Favorite fall scent (wax, or anything)?

There is a cinnamon and pumpkin potpourri that my mom would always bring out as the weather cooled down. She no longer has that potpourri, and vendor interpretations of the mix fall short, but it continues to remain my favorite scent.


4. Favorite fall food or drink?

Pumpkin pie. It's the only pie I'll eat, and it happens to be around consistently in the fall season!


5. Football.....yay or nay?

Yay and nay? My parents are both big football fans, so the sounds of NFL happenings on the TV is synonymous with fall to me. I don't particularly search it out to watch on my own, though.


6. Do you rake, jump in, or burn piles of leaves?

I used to, when I lived in areas that had deciduous trees. When we moved to Texas that stopped being a thing, and I've kind of grown out of it.


7. Haunted house or corn maze?

Corn maze. I'm never phased by haunted houses.


8. Have you ever gone on a hayride?

Yes!


9. Cider or hot chocolate?

Hot chocolate all the way!

10. Carve a pumpkin or eat pumpkin pie?

Pumpkin pie. I'm a clumsy person, and I feel like carving a pumpkin would not end well for me.


11. Do you dress up for Halloween?

I used to. Even when I didn't go trick or treating I would dress up as a witch and hand out candy on the front porch. If we ever move to an area that has active trick or treaters I'll start dressing up again.


12. Candy corn.....yay or nay?

Yes! I absolutely love candy corn.


13. Favorite Halloween movie?

The Nightmare Before Christmas! 


14. Scariest movie?

Hard to choose, as I'm a bit of a scary movie buff. The first time I watched Alien sticks out in my mind, so I'll go with Alien.


15. Halloween or Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving!


16. Do you watch the Macy's parade?

Nope. I forget it's a thing until it's mentioned by x or y news outlet/Facebook.


17. Apple pie or pumpkin pie?

Pumpkin pie, of course!


18. White or dark meat?

White!


19. Jellied or real cranberry sauce?

None of the above. I don't care for it all that much.


20. Will you host or travel for Thanksgiving this year?

Host... sorta? We don't expect company all the way in South Korea, so it'll just be M and I this year.


How about you? Join us by giving some of your fall tag answers! Next post we will feature our fall melting stash.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! Glad you are participating and I enjoyed your post! How are you liking Korea so far? That must be an interesting new experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! I enjoyed your post as well! I'm excited to see what you have in store for this fun series!

      I'm loving it in Korea! Besides the language barrier, there is so much culture and people are so friendly and willing to help. It's very different from anything I grew up with back in the States!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Another candy corn lover!!! Ok. So I totally should have read this before I packed up your box to send off or I would have squeezed a bag of candy corn in there. But you will be stocked up on candy. I look forward to your fall in Korea photos. Especially by the cemetery. Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I'd known to tell you I'm a candy corn lover! It's okay, I'm not too picky on candy. I'm sure I'll love whatever you send! <3

      Delete
  3. It seems like you've been in Korea forever but it hasn't even been a full year yet..crazy!
    Your answer to carving a pumpkin had me in stitches.
    I'm interested to know how big halloween is in Korea - I'll be reading .... ツ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't believe it's only been 8 months! Time is flying by too fast!
      I'm a hazard to myself and those around me 80% of the time. The other 20% I'm sleeping so I'm not sure that counts. LOL
      Here's hoping Halloween is at least something here in Korea. From what I've seen, they don't really celebrate the same holidays (would Halloween be a holiday?) as us.

      Delete