Thursday, December 1, 2016

Band of Bloggers - Vol. 12/December 2016


A full year of fragrant sharing with the Band of Bloggers rounds out 2016. Thank you for supporting the blogger community and taking the time to read and participate in our posts. We will be continuing the Band of Bloggers in 2017 but with some new writers and blogs to follow. Thank you Sunnee and Michelle for this past year of fellowship. We will miss you! 

Did you have any favorite wax moments this year? A vendor who went above and beyond? A blend that knocked your socks off? Did you have a RAOK or wax community experience that left you warm and fuzzy? Please share some of your favorite wax moments of 2016 with us.

 A well known member of the waxy community on Facebook had a life changing diagnosis earlier this year and the waxy community banded together to raise over $10,000 for her medical and life expenses! Another member lost her home in one of the devastating fires that hit North America and an auction raised money to help there. Currently, someone in is actively raising funds for another member's recent diagnosis (shh, it's still a secret!). I know the waxy world and certain waxy groups have a bad rap for drama, but I like to look at the positive aspects of what this lovely group of ladies and gentlemen can do instead. The continuous kindness and giving nature these people have continue to astound me.

I'd have to say SMT's Peggy's Blueberry Noel is the blend that comes to mind for this year's best impression. Who would have thought that wax would have such a grab-me-by-the-nose attraction to it?! 

As always, I'm ever amazed by the wonderful people this little hobby has gotten me in touch with. I love the connections and interactions I've made across the world. Here's to another year of meeting new and amazing people!



Please visit these Band of Bloggers blogs
and help support the blogger community!





Lauren, at Lolo Loves Scents.

Liz, at Furianne.

Michelle, at Waxing About.

Sunnee, at Fragrance Obsessed.



Thank you and have a beautiful rest of 2016!

6 comments:

  1. You are right. I don't see all the kindness as much as I used to since I am not in any of the general groups, but I am in the newest one that is unfolding. It is a very generous community for sure. They love hard and play hard and melt like the blazes. Blueberry Noel!!!!! Does that mean you will be getting more?????? Today??????? Hmmmmmmm??????? LOL! I am actually planning to get a chunk blend in VBN, Marshmallow Noel and Blueberry Noel. So excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a naughty enabler! Here I am trying to keep busy and work on the blog so I don't get caught up in planning a "just in case" order and you're trying to turn me to the dark side!

      That sounds like it'll be a deliciously creamy blend! Now I may have to steal that blend... ya know, for my "just in case" list.

      Delete
  2. I don't participate in groups so I don't see all those events. The few groups I do belong to are only to pop in and get news of sales, openings, or scent lists. Good for them if they're trying to help others, but there is still a lot of snarkiness towards casual members, and an arrogance that keeps me away.

    Liz and her Blueberry Noel. That might have to go down as a highlight of 2016. =)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That snarkiness keeps me from posting or commenting a lot. People tout it as being "honest" while I say they're just being an ass. Not everything has to sound like you're trying to insult the other person, ya know? That plus I know not everything I write or say comes across the way I want it to or mean for it to and I'm not interested in having an online confrontation over WAX. On Facebook.

      I was good this opening! I did not buy any Blueberry Noel... on it's own. LOL. I hijacked a blend from Julie with PBN in it.

      Delete
    2. The thing I hate with the groups is that when a casual fan/poster asks a question, a lot of times they jump all over it like you're dumb. Either snotty "Search x,y,z" or "That's already been addressed" type crap.

      PBN....Peanut Butter Noel sounds kinda gross. =P

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. PBN - don't knock it 'til you try it! I always get confused by PBN/BN because the SMT website calls it Blueberry Noel, but the blend is officially named Peggy's Blueberry Noel. But Peanut Butter Noel... don't knock it 'til you've tried it. LOL!

      Oh my goodness don't get me started on that attitude. It's been known for a while that the Facebook search function does not always work, so it's a bit unreasonable to be rude when the person DID search and couldn't find anything - it's not THEM, it's Facebook!

      Delete