Friday, June 26, 2015

Pics, Petals & Scents - Pink Sugar Pound Cake

Scent Description: Self explanatory. A generic bakery cake scent mixed with our beloved Pink Sugar. Seriously, without PS I would have nothing to blend with.
Weight Melted: 3.0 oz. Yes, a lot. Have I mentioned how much I hate chopping up my own pies and loaves? Especially this one. More on that later.
Cold Sniff: 2/5 I couldn't really pick up on what I was smelling here. Something sweet, that was it. I didn't have high hopes when I put this in the warmer.
Warm Sniff: 4/5 Ah, there's my Pink Sugar. I wouldn't really call the cake I smelled pound cake, but it was definitely something cakey.
Scent Strength: 1/3
Scent Throw: 4/5 This didn't reach some of the bedroom.
Melting Power: 4/5 I got about 12 hours from this pretty significant chunk.
Repurchase: Ehh... probably not.
This wax is old. So old that this stuff is still labelled Pics, Petals & Scents. For those of you who don't know, this is the old name for Flaming Star Scents. Marcy underwent a rebranding.... two years ago, I think? This was one of several PPS pies and loaves I got in a destash. Even back then, two years ago, I remember thinking the wax was rather messy and super super soft. I needed gloves while handling this. Wax got all over my dough cutter, and my scale, and I didn't want to put this on my normal pretty pink heart design paper for the picture so I put it on a paper towel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the scent and performance, but the wax really took away from the whole experience. On top of that I made the stupid mistake of just adding in this already formidable chunk of wax to some stuff that I'd left in the warmer. Yeah. That cleanup wasn't fun.

In other words, I disappeared from the internet world for a few weeks there because my sleeping schedule was messed up. I got the proper number of hours of sleep, but boy howdy did it do me no good. I'm a sun person, it kills me to be asleep when the sun is up. To my body it's all sorts of wrong to be asleep if the sun is up.
Also, I happen to've fallen for this new game that's on Steam Early Access. I know most of you guys aren't gamers like me, but this is my life and I'm gonna mention what's goin on, dangit! It's called Ark: Survival Evolved, and it's a really cool survival game with DINOSAURS! and other prehistoric creatures like mammoths and large ass birds called (in game, I don't know what they were in the real world) Argentavis, and my personal favorite, the large shark MEGALODON! M and I have been playing this quite a bit in our free time. We're taming these creatures (including the Rex and Spinosaur, buahaha) and building ourselves a dino army to take over the island! BUAHAHAHAHA.
Anyway, yeah. Sorry for the absence and here's your wax review! I'm melting again finally so you should be seeing more posts from me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not the gamer I used to be but I still dabble in some virtual fun. And I still hear about games because my sons ARE big gamer geeks. I don't think they've mentioned that game though. I'll have to ask if they play or have played. My older son is starting a YouTube gamer channel with his dorky friend. If they ever get it going, I'll send you a link. =)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, please do send the link! I'm always looking for new gaming channels to watch :)

      Delete