Friday, August 4, 2017

Hello, It's Me...


Hi, there! I figured I would step in and let everyone know I'm slowly returning to technology and the internet! First off - everything's fine! No need to worry.

I found myself at the computer even when I did not need to be, forsaking a lot of other activities for what had become an ingrained habit. Computer first, above all else.

As the weather heated up and I tried to figure out what to do with my newfound free time, anything computer related fell to the wayside. I haven't been on Facebook for almost three months, and I did not log into blogger for almost two - the longest time I've completely neglected the blog since 2014. As bad as I felt for leaving without letting my fellow bloggers know, I also felt it was silly to feel such guilt over a hobby. So instead I resolved to just enjoy myself and let the blog wait until I naturally returned to it, and the computer, and the internet.

Bunny and Hammy are doing wonderful. We eventually moved their homes into the bedroom so they could be in a more temperature-controlled environment. As part of that, I bit the bullet and bought two 12" Silent Spinners. A bit more pricey, but they truly are silent. The only thing I hear is the pitter-patter of their feet against the wheel when they run, and the occasional squeak of the wheel's base being moved around.

I went to my first noraebong, or singing room (karaoke room), with L and C. It was a wonderful night of drinks and singing until our voices gave out. I've never been to a karaoke place of any sort, Korean or American, so this was a great experience that I will cherish.

I helped run a summer camp for the kids with L and C as well. It was great watching various aged children cooperate and learn together. I also got told I talk like a farmer by one little girl. It was right after I said "alright" kind of how Matthew McConaughey says it in that famous line of his, so that may have something to do with it.

For you Game of Thrones fans... prepare yourselves. I've finally started watching the series. I just finished Season 1 the other day and am slowly starting Season 2. Be proud that I've finally joined in on this! It's taken so long!

So, long story short, I'm finally returning to the world of the internet and technology. Please bare with me as I get back into the hang of posting and commenting/replying. I've missed you all so dearly!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back!

    Ohhh, Game of Thrones. Julie is spoiler-free on that show, just to warn you. She's stubborn and refuses to join us show watchers, even though the next book will never actually be released. lol

    Do a sticker post! :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Liz! Glad to hear it was a happy hiatus. I was worried and thinking about you.

    Deb is right. But back story... I read all the books! And those books are HUGE and I am super pissed that Martin TOLD what basically the next book will be about BEFORE publishing it so the show could continue and now I will get to see all the spoilers before I even get a chance to read that damn last book. And here I am left on the huge cliffhanger of John Snow being stabbed to death at the Wall and I have no idea what is going to happen and I don't want the stupid show to ruin in. Rant over. For now. And Deb, I swear I will cry if the last book is never released. Martin can go suck eggs.

    Yes! Stickers please. I actually just bought a nice new planner for teaching this year and I have no stickers. I want to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ya know...I could just tell you what happened to him... :P

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Hi Liz,
    I'm glad you are back and that you and the fuzzybutts are well. Sounds like you've had an eventful summer:)
    Jay
    P.S. I know it's not the same as the books, but I think GOT is the best written show on television today, cheers!

    ReplyDelete