Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Stop & Chat: September 27 - Migraine

Kookie and her child, Crumble, enjoying the comfort of my head and shoulders.

At around 3 in the morning, I woke up and ran to the sink to puke. This was a problem, as I had nothing but water in my system, but my head and stomach had decided that there must be nothing in my stomach before I will stop heaving.

Unfortunately, I had a migraine. And a pretty severe one. I ended up laying in bed all day and drinking copious amounts of water and powerade. I also took some sumatriptan, which helped, but the day was not meant to be.

I drifted in and out of sleep while the day passed by. I did try to eat the stroganoff I made, and it was good, but it didn't stay down long. The chickens did fine today, even though I wasn't obsessively checking on them every 5-10 minutes. I only paid attention when somebody got particularly loud or obnoxious in "REEEEEEEE"ing, but even those noises were normal for these guys and never progressed into "something is wrong" territory.

This morning, the 28th, I feel a bit better, but I am still confining myself to bed. I feel all sorts of exhausted, so I'd like to be able to fall asleep easily if I get tired enough for it. I have some general goals of commenting and maybe starting on some other blog posts, but I'll have to see how the day progresses as it's before 9 AM. Migraine hangovers are no joke.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Hope you're feeling much better by now. Is your hair purple? A nice Vikings purple?! =P

    ReplyDelete