Saturday, December 3, 2016

Blogmas 2016 - December 3: Ramblings of a Lizard

When will this sticker haul post come out? No cluuuuue! ;)
Today was a self care day. I woke up feeling like crap, even though I had a fair amount of sleep and I wasn't dehydrated. Dehydration is the most common reason for my icky wake-ups, so I'm always drinking lots of water and keep some by my bed for those nights when I wake up feeling like I haven't had a drink in years. I still don't know what caused it, but it's gone now so I guess I'll just chalk it up to a bad night.

M had a sleep study done last night. His snoring and sleep issues have gotten bad enough that it's affecting his ability to be a functioning adult. We'll find out in a few weeks if they found out anything that will explain why he's having so many difficulties.

I've noticed that my taste buds have greatly changed since being in Korea. M has already slowly acclimated my poor taste buds to spicy foods, but Korea took it to a whole new level. The best thing I can use as a comparison for my taste bud change is Taco Bell sauce. Before Korea, I could only have their verde sauce. Anything else was too much for me. Now, their fire sauce tastes like nothing to me. No kick, no bite, just a little extra flavor. I also crave completely different foods from in the States, and whenever I have American fast food on post (which has American-sourced ingredients and is made the "American way") I feel like it's too salty and greasy. I even enjoy the Koreanized snack foods that taste nothing like their American counterparts. Lays chips do not taste the same in Korea. Assuming you can find, say, sour cream & onion, it has a different texture and taste to it than if you were to buy it in the States. The sweetness to the garlic or sausage bread that I pick up from local bakeries no longer makes my insides crawl. I used to have a very strong opinion that my meats and certain snacks were absolutely ruined if they had any sweetness to them. They're supposed to be salty, dangit!

In video game news, my Ark game completely broke. In the process I had to completely uninstall the game and lost all of the screenshots I had taken in the game. I've gotten over it, and I realize that none of the screenshots were particularly special -except, perhaps, ones that were taken during particularly fun adventures with my family- but it still put a damper on my day and that alongside my bad wake-up turned me into a Grumpy Lump on the couch. That is what M and I have taken to calling my agitated states. When I'm so frustrated/put down by something that is going on, I tend to grab a big fluffy blanket, sit on the couch, and either read a book, eat, watch movies/YouTube, or a combination of any of those. About 98% of the time, I end up falling asleep curled into a ball and recede into the blanket so all that can be seen is a lump on the couch. Thus - Grumpy Lump.

I took a super luxurious Lush bath today. I used a whole bath bomb and half of a bubble bar - Avobath and Creamy Candy. The water was purple, smelled glorious, and was extremely bubbly. I spent an hour and a half surfing Facebook while I soaked in the tub with a Tony Moly Pikachu face mask on. My face feels super soft and hydrated, and the rest of my body feels gloriously soft and nourished. More importantly, however, my mind finally feels relaxed. I think I let the stress from all of last week stay seeped into my bones and never gave myself an opportunity to shut down and let it all out.

I think that's all the rambling I'll do tonight. If I'm not careful, I'll type up an entire novel and my fingers will fall off. LOL!

How do you unwind after a high-stress week? Do you enjoy spicy foods?

2 comments:

  1. I have not found a way to unwind except for sleep, and most of the time I don't allow myself to take naps. So, I guess I don't really unwind and that's probably a huge part of my problems.

    I'm a baby and don't like spicy foods. Well, a little is okay but I am not one of those who wants the hottest it can be.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that midday naps really mess with my nighttime quality of sleep, so I tend to have a slump in the middle of the day where I have to trudge through and try not to fall asleep. That sucks for me, because I love my naps LOL. They're a great substitute for a bath.

      I'm pleasantly surprised by my complete change in taste buds. I remember HATING spicy food growing up, and would purposely not eat if my parents dared buy/make food if it was the least bit spicy. Now I'm adding chili powder to already spicy foods!

      Delete