Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Orchid Lake Candles - Orange Ale

I had a very weird experience with this tart. When I was melting it the first evening, I could swear it smelled exactly like vanilla chai tea, the way I like it with tons of creamer and sugar. I went to sleep thinking that was weird.
The next day I went off to work and came back in the late evening. At that point both M and I had forgotten we were melting something until I mentioned smelling an orange-and-cinnamon. Mind you, this was twenty-four hours later. This sucker lasted for a while and now I'm forced to wonder if that initial tea smell was this tart mixing with the remnants in the air from the last tart I melted. The only problem is I can't remember what it was I melted and I don't believe I have melted anything since moving here that remotely smells like vanilla chai tea.

Cold Sniff: ?? I don't remember
Warm Sniff: 2/3 It's okay... I wish I could have another go-around at this one without having to pay for a scent shot since this one was so weird.
Scent Strength: 1.5/3 It's a light, background scent. Very pleasant for setting a sleepy mood without being obnoxious.
Scent Throw: 2/3 Filled most of my house.
Melting Power: 3/3 Over 24 hours of a nice, light scent, even though it appears that it transformed during its melt. 
Repurchase: Probably not, just because I don't quite know what happened here. I heavily relied on my notes when writing this post and really, the only thing I remembered was the weird vanilla chai tea thing this had going on that first night.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I placed an OLC order today and I almost got this one but I ended up not getting it. Now I'm kind of curious about it!

    ReplyDelete