Friday, January 9, 2015

Tripping Over My Shoes: A New Beginning

I meant to post more. Be more consistent. I really did. I still have those posts I meant to put up. Every time I look at them, though, I'm taken back to the past year, and I get upset. I start blaming myself for what happened. It's silly, and the logical part of me knows there was nothing I could do. But depression works in funny ways. You find yourself beating your already downtrodden psyche into a spiral of self hatred.
The past 9 months have been exceptionally hard on me. I want to write more about it, but first I have to distance myself from what happened. I'm sorry I'm being so vague -I hate it when other bloggers do this very same thing- but I promise I will open up about it eventually. Just not right now. The pain is still too near.
I've had a lot of time to think about my priorities and passions, and this blog is still high on that list. I've always had plans for this little corner of mine. Now I can follow through with them. I will follow through with them.
First I must start fresh. You'll notice that all of my previous posts have been removed. They're not gone forever. I'll sift through them and pick out what posts I want to keep, but a lot of it is stuff I want to leave behind.
The content of this blog will remain the same, I just want to start anew. All as a step in moving on.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had some major upheaval in your life. Hope you're really doing okay after whatever happened. Looking forward so seeing you posting again. =)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything is going well for you, but I am glad you're back! <3

    ReplyDelete