Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Candles From The Keeping Room - Sweet Lavender Cream

Scent Description: Our blend of our sweet lavender, vanilla. A sweet cream and a touch of sugar. Sweet and mellow.
Weight Melted: 0.9 oz.
Cold Sniff: 2/5 There was a very soapy part to this. I didn't pick up on any sweetness or vanilla.
Warm Sniff: 3/5 That soapyness went away, making this a much more pleasant melt, but this lavender had a harshness to it I couldn't get over. It could be described as herbal. I could vaguely pick up something that might be lavender, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Scent Strength: 2/3
Scent Throw: 5/5
Melting Power: 4/5 About 12 hours before I snuffed this one out. I wasn't a fan.
Repurchase: Sadly, no. I had such high hopes for this, even while I was taking my lackluster cold sniff notes. There is definitely something lavender here, but I don't get anything sweet or creamy, or even sugary as the scent description would imply.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this one wasn't as amazing as it sounded. I am a sucker for a sweet creamy lavender. The bright side is, one less tart to have on a wish list LOL! Hope you have been doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shape! Sorry this was sort of a bummer. Many lavender scents end up smelling soapy to me, too. :(

    ReplyDelete