Sunday, February 15, 2015

JMae's Soaps & Candles - Pink Lavender Vanilla

Cold Sniff: 3/5 I like Lavender Vanilla so I  would normally like this, but I can't smell any of the Pink Sugar in here.
Warm Sniff: 2/5 I don't know what I got when this was melted. Vanilla. With a hint of something else that might be Pink Sugar, but it was never strong enough to really identify.
Scent Strength: 1/3
Scent Throw: 2/5 I first had two tarts, then added the other two, and the throw didn't improve any. I didn't have to shove my nose in the wax to smell it, but I couldn't smell it farther than 3 feet from the warmer.
Melting Power: 1/5 It did not last long at all. I gave all four tarts 3 hours before I called it quits.
Repurchase: No. As far as I'm concerned I'm not buying anything from this vendor until I hear anything better about her products. Last time I heard from her she had moved on from bath and body and on to bows or something... I don't know. I made a huge mistake when I first got into wax, and that was spending a lot of money on not only one vendor, but a newer vendor that couldn't decide what kind of products she wanted to sell. I got roped in after buying a destash (that turned out to have items that were over a year old and were disgusting) and at the time was too nice to admit even to myself that her stuff sucked. I'm making myself melt through her stuff just so it's not a complete waste.
Maybe I'm bitter. You would be, too, if you somehow convinced yourself to spend hundreds of dollars on this quality product.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Yes. Yes I would be pissed. One of my newbie wax mistakes was buying a wax destash off of eBay. Worst decision ever. The very definition of old ass wax. Lol!

    ReplyDelete