Monday, December 7, 2015

Blogmas - December 6: Standstill

Instead of another no picture post here's our Christmas tree!
Today I spent my morning texting M until he boarded his final flight. He's still in the air as far as I know. I don't know when I'll next hear from him, but this was to be expected. Doesn't mean it's any less hard, lol. I dealt with lots of grogginess as I was up in the middle of the night texting him while he waited for that final flight. Sometimes I start to think about how I'm supposed to be on that flight with him and I get upset at the situation all over again (seriously, how hard would it have been to send that email sooner??) but I'm trying to stay positive. It's just frustrating that I essentially have to put my life on hold for this. I was supposed to get a job and we were supposed to be getting settled into our new living arrangements and begin to explore this new world together. Instead we're stuck waiting until... well, I don't know when. All we've been given is very, very large time frames for when this could possibly get resolved. As my parents and everyone around me is saying, "Welcome to the Army." Bah. Maybe they get away with this because you guys say that instead of making a stink about it.
Sorry, I had to vent. I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset about it, but I'm looking at the positives as well. More time with my family, more time to make soap and experiment (the next time we go out I'm going to pick up some goats milk), more time to decide what I'm taking with me and leaving here.
I tried to go out on the porch and take more pictures of my wax and soap so I would be prepared for any posts I felt like typing up but it was too windy and I could only get pictures of 3 or 4 things before I decided to call it quits.
After that I figured I would finish the Halo 5 campaign. I'm sitting down and typing this after I've had about 30 minutes to think on the ending, and I'm still not sure if I liked it. My first feeling was of disappointment. Regardless of any story arcs or surprise villains there wasn't really a good ending. I played through what felt like a very good buildup only to have what could have been an amazing ending snatched away. I'm not even willing to give the campaign a second playthrough to fill out my understanding of the story more. I'll get the same disappointing ending regardless. The second team we were playing (or I suppose main, as Master Chief was a side character/team) was lackluster. The only reason I cared about them was because of Nathan Fillion's character and all the sass that actor brings to the table.

On the bright side I did get in an order from Brambleberry. I had to restock on some secondary soaping oils and picked up some extra bits and pieces that will help me in making better soaps. I almost picked up a SMT and Rosegirls destash from a Facebook group but I talked myself down from it. If it's still there in the morning, though, I may end up caving. Especially since I had to defer my Glitterati order since Janine was unable to guarantee a timeline for my potential order to arrive. In my head she could have just prioritized my order first but I understand she needs to be as impartial as possible. I'm also grumpy and stuck in a 'woe is me, the world revolves around me' mood. I'll just have to wait longer for it. Assuming she can even send it to my new address, whenever that happens.

I feel like today was an all around bad day. lol. Humor me complaining though, as I find it somewhat cathartic since I can't talk to my best friend about it.

How has your day gone?

2 comments:

  1. We already established that my day was about as blah as yours. It must have been a universal blah day. Today's not starting much better. Woke up with a major headache (sinus crap perhaps?) and have to go tend my mother today, which almost always drives me nuts.

    Here's to better days for both of us!
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry. It DOES suck. I hope the time passes quickly though. Maybe Christmas will help provide some minor distractions.

    ReplyDelete