Monday, December 14, 2015

Rosegirls - Strawberry Serendipity

Scent Description: A 50/50 blend of strawberry and serendipity. For those of you who don't know serendipity, here it is: sweet vanilla with powdered sugar, sweet cherry, sweet orange and citrus, and coconut. Serendipities either have a strong cherry aspect or a stronger coconut aspect. I'd say this one was stronger on the cherry.
Weight Melted: 1.73 oz. Maybe I should have cut this in half after reading through a particularly drama-filled comment thread that spawned from an innocent question about the performance of Rosegirls wax.
Cold Sniff: 2/5 I'm not much of a serendipity fan when the scent is by itself, and this smelled exclusively like serendipity.
Warm Sniff: 4/5 The strawberry really came to light as this melted and I would say no scent overpowered the other. They just melted and created a sweeter serendipity with a hint of berry.
Scent Strength: 1/3 Pretty light on the nose
Scent Throw: 3/5 This filled my bedroom and a fair amount of the upstairs but due to its light nature I feel like it didn't get very far.
Melting Power: 3/5 I got 8.5 hours of scent from this before I turned it off.
Repurchase: Probably not. I'm used to better performing wax from RG, and the blend itself isn't one of those that I'm typically willing to pay a higher price tag for.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think 1.7 oz. is too horrible of an amount to melt, considering I've seen plenty of people dump whole monster chunks in their warmer. Some of those chunks can be near 3 oz.!

    I don't think I've had this particular blend from Rosegirls. I do like RG but so much of their stuff if fruity, and that's not my favored category.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm spoiled by vendors like CFTKR where less than an ounce of wax knocks your socks off. It always feels like a waste to put more than an ounce in, but sometimes I just want to get rid of the darned thing without worrying about whether I should cut it up or not.
      I've noticed their love of fruit as well. I don't mind it but it's definitely not something I go gaga over. Gimme bakery and I'll come crawling, though!

      Delete