Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Sniff My Tarts - Sugared Violets & Blueberry Noel

Excuse me while I try and apply my normal reviewing system to a hand-blended... well, blend.

Scent Description: No scent description available.

Weight Melted: Sugared Violets 0.6 oz, Blueberry Noel 0.7 oz

Location of Warmer: Living room, in tealight warmer

Cold Sniff: 4/5? How do I quantify this blend when the wax doesn't want to smush together enough to let both scents invade my nostrils? From what I could tell this seemed like a promising blend.

Warm Sniff: 5/5 I have a hard time describing florals. I always pick up on something powdery which influences the scent categories I blend my florals with. The most successful I've found is bakery, which contributed to this concoction. In short: a lovely springtime blend. In long? The warmth of late spring climbing in from open windows, promising comfortable warmth and happiness before the heat of summer sets in. Nearby fields of flowers boast of long adventures and games with friends. All the while, home beckons you with the scent of something sweet, something baked, something wonderful. It hints at blueberries, but you can't be sure while you're laying in the field of violets. As you drift off to sleep, these scents cling to you like dew to morning grass.

Scent Strength: 2/3

Scent Throw: >3/3 This filled the living room, bedroom, hallway, office, and part of the kitchen/dining area with its sweet springtime goodness.

Melting Power: 5/5 I got a little under 11 hours of scent from this concoction.

Re-Blend: Definitely! If you plan to order this as a blend from SMT, I highly suggest that you keep the Blueberry Noel at 50% or more of the blend, otherwise it will be drowned out by the Sugared Violets. I initially made this 2/3 violets and was extremely surprised at how much it overpowered the blueberry noel.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous warm sniff description lady, you and your floral bakery blends are an inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was feeling a little writing-inspired and decided to roll with it.
      Now that you point it out, I just realized how much I enjoy blending floral and bakery. I may be on to something here!

      Delete
  2. YES!!! I want to float away on your description alone. I seriously need to get my Sugared Violets blends lined up. This will be one. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm going to want your thoughts on this scent once you melt it! I'm getting super psyched for the upcoming opening. I need to stock up on Blueberry Noel...

      Delete