Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Fall Fun Series - Thanksgiving Menu & Plans!


Hello, friends! Today's Fall Fun Series post will be about Thanksgiving. I'll tell you my super awesome menu, let you in on some super secret plans, and just blab a little about Thanksgiving and what it means to me this year.

First off, I need to tell you about my plans. M works on Thanksgiving, so I'm spending the day woefully alone on the couch with a tub of ice cream and a train of sappy romantic movies.

Just kidding. M is working, but I'll be spending the day at a friend's house with her family. There the menu will be turkey and... uh, cookies. All I know for sure is there will be a turkey and I'm providing some baked goods in the form of turkeys.

Saturday, M and I will be hosting Thanksgiving for our friends, a list that has gotten incredibly long since we've arrived in Korea. Right now we have 14 people who will be fully attending (as in, bringing food and staying the whole day), four people planning to at least stop by, and another six people who cannot give an answer until later in the week or even the day of. Whoa.

M will be making two turkeys and Texas chili, and I will be doing... everything else. LOL! I don't mind; it's something I volunteered for. I'll providing chicken & dumpling soup, cookies (chocolate chip and sugar), cornbread, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, a fruit platter, buffalo chicken dip, and stuffing. In case you're wondering, yes I have a very busy week ahead of me.

It's hard to me to say what my Thanksgiving traditions are. M and I are at a transitional period in our lives where we're moving from being the children to full fledged adults hosting others for the holidays. One thing I do know I will carry through from my family, however, is Christmas music. Thanksgiving is always the first day of the year that Christmas music flows throughout the house. The rest of the traditions are just waiting to be made. :)

What do your Thanksgivings normally consist of? Anything special or or out of the ordinary happening this year? Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out what these other ladies have in store for Thanksgiving! 

Amanda at Thrifty Polished
Angela at Angela Kay
Jessica at The Meltdown Blog
Sandra at Finger Candy
Stephanie at Imperfectly Painted
Sunnee at Our Sunny Life

No comments:

Post a Comment