Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Haul: Lush Korea September 2016


Lush restock time! I foolishly let my shampoo run out and had to use drugstore stuff for about a week, and my scalp is still hating me for it. I'm also slowly checking into indie vendors for a good shampoo & conditioner solution, but until I find something that works I'm going to have to keep going back to Lush. This particular haul was a little bit of restocking, little bit of trying new things, little bit of "hey Liz wants to spoil herself so let her buy some bubble bars, dammit!"



First up, shampoo and conditioner!

My Veganese conditioner is getting low, so I went ahead and bought some more. For a full review of it, check out this post from earlier this year! This 500g bottle cost ₩41,900/$35.60.

Big Sea Salt Shampoo: "Body-building shampoo for big hair and loads of shine. Over half the base of Big shampoo is made with sea salt, giving massive volume to hair in need of a boost. Sea salt is also full of minerals and de-greases hair, removing dead skin cells and dirt without stripping natural oils for a fresh, squeaky clean feeling. We balance the sea salt with seaweed infusion and extra virgin coconut oil for soft, nourished locks. Finally, fresh citrus juices are squeezed in for incredible shine. It's no wonder this one is a best-seller!"
I liked Jersey Shores enough, so I thought I'd try another sea salt shampoo. A little goes a long way, and it has a pleasant scent that I can't quite put my finger on. I do have to be careful about over scrubbing with it, as the salt can scratch the scalp, but that is a hard point to reach. My lesson to impart to you is never over-scrub your shampoo into your hair when you're angry. LOL. This 330g jar cost ₩33,400/$29.17.



R&B Hair Moisturizer: "Revive and balance misbehaving hair. Enjoy some of our smooth R & B hair stylings to control your frizzy, flyaway hair. An instant best-seller, our easy-to-use “hair finisher” uses softening ingredients of organic avocado butter, oatmeal, olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, jojoba oil and candelilla wax because they are extremely effective for conditioning the hair and scalp. Three of our UK shop managers came up with R & B to revive and balance their wayward follicles. It works well with African American or curly hair because it conditions with a lot of moisture. And once you smell the seductive orange blossom and jasmine fragrance, your hair will truly get its groove back."
I wanted to try some new stuff to tame my hair after I get out of the shower, as my hair custard wasn't cutting it in the high humidity and left my hair feeling crunchy with the amount I had to use. This product probably wouldn't work for those who aren't a fan of Lush's Love and Light cream, as I smell something that's very similar to neroli as I apply it to my hair. It fades a bit and the orange and jasmine shines through, but if you're very sensitive to it I would steer clear of this hair cream. If you don't mind it or can cover the scent with something else in your daily hair routine, this is perfect for my hair in the humidity or cold. It tames my frizz as much as my hair can possibly be controlled (it can't be tamed... this song is stuck in my head now) while remaining light and doesn't add a crunchy feeling to my hair. I use maybe a quarter sized amount in my hair every time I shower and it seems like it'll last me a good while. This 100g jar cost ₩32,000/$27.94.

Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil:  "Mmmelt into a pink, sweet and silky retreat and leave your troubles far behind. Creamy fair trade cocoa butter and coconut oil create a gently bobbing, slowly melting oil that goes the distance for luxuriously long soaks. Watch as the two-toned vivid pink and golden yellow halves unfurl to paint a dreamy sunset swirl on the water, and take in its nostalgic cotton candy scent. When you're ready to face reality again, it'll be with luxuriously soft and sweetly scented skin."
I haven't used this yet, so I can't comment on how it works for me, but it's essentially a bath melt. The employee at the store told me I just need to let it sit in the water until the water feels as silky as I want it to, then I take it out of the water and save it for my next bath. It's supposed to last between 2-6 baths. This 20g nugget cost ₩5,500/$4.80



Karma Bubble Bar:  "Mystical bubbler with refreshing patchouli and lemongrass. Good Karma is difficult to come by these days, so we created a bubble bar with our signature pine and patchouli fragrance in a potent swirl of time-warping bubbles so you can bathe in Karma. This sudser shares its heady scent with our orange and multi-layered spice, Karma perfume so you can double up on the goodness and transport your senses to a Middle Eastern spice market right from the comforting confines of your tub. Buy two and you can share your good Karma with a friend."
I haven't used this yet, but it was recommended based off my likes. It cost ₩17,000/$14.84.

Frozen Bath Bomb: "Let it go. Do you want to have a bath bomb? Do you want to splash and play? Enjoy the most magical soak in the kingdom with this shimmering blue bath bomb, which spills out rolling snowdrifts of silver luster. Uplifting neroli from Tunisia and precious rose oil from Turkey are sure to spread a little sunshine and melt the iciest of moods for the perfect fairytale ending."
Yet another thing that was recommended to me. The employee said I should combine this and the Karma bubble bar to make a magical bath. The one thing I wasn't a fan of was the price, but M said he was okay with it so who'm I to say no? It was ₩18,000/$15.70. Seriously, in the States I could have gotten two for that price.

On to my freebies!


 Don't Look At Me Face Mask: "Caught you looking! Well hello, don't be shy! Smooth on this vivid blue mask and you'll want to show anyone and everyone your vibrant complexion. Ground rice gently scrubs away dry skin, murumuru butter moisturizes and zingy lemon juice tones. And if that wasn't enough, we've added organic silken tofu to soften you up in all the right ways. The stunning results will have you coming back for more of this scrubby, softening skincare goodness"
This mask smells... interesting, but it definitely leaves my skin feeling bright and refreshed. M says it brings out the blue in my eyes as well, so I guess that's a plus? LOL

I also got two more pins with this order, bringing my total number of pins to 6... or 7... I can't remember which. I should really ask them what the pins mean. Somebody remind me next time please. =P

I'm pretty happy with this Lush haul, especially because of my experience with the employee and since it was how M made it up to me after that disastrous Pathfinder night. Getting the face mask as a freebie also helps me remember to use my face masks more consistently.

Have you been to Lush recently? What did you get?

7 comments:

  1. Please let me know if you get any more than one bath out of that melt, because I tried the Razzle Dazzle bath melt, which I think is about the same size as the one you got, and it melted down in one bath. It was seriously like holding onto a pat of watery butter when you held it - I can't even imagine that it wouldn't just fall apart if you took it out of the tub. They're a cool little product, though, and mine made my skin super duper soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get two baths out of the melt, and had the same issues with butterfingers when I tried scooping it up. My tub is smaller than American tubs, too, so I'm not surprised if you only got one use from it. On the bright side, I definitely had smooth and silky skin. It's definitely a luxury product!

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! The Frozen bath bomb looks cool. And the face mask sounds interesting. Remember to ask what the pins are for!!! LOL! Are you pinning them to anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've pinned them to my old Texas Tech lanyard and RTX 2014 lanyard. They're hanging right by my office door so it's something I get to see every day that makes me smile. It's the little things, ya know? :)

      Delete
  3. Are the pins available to buy at all, or are they randomly given by employees? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're randomly given by the employees. They try and give you pins that you haven't received before, though, so you keep getting different pins if you keep coming back!

      Delete
    2. That's so cool! :D I wish we had them in the UK, all we have are patches!

      Delete