Friday, January 29, 2016

Dessa's Homespun Scents - Black Raspberry Vanilla

Scent Description: Sun-sweetened, delicious dark raspberries warmed with a dash of sweet and creamy vanilla. A B&BW type duplication.
Pretty cut and cry fragrance. I took this way back in the States because I wasn't sure I would be able to review this melt before I left. Turns out I not only never melted it, but Mom sent it to me in one of the packages. LOL. So here goes!

Weight Melted: 1.4 oz

Location of Warmer: Office

Cold Sniff: 4/5 I'm a big black raspberry and vanilla fan.

Warm Sniff:2/5 I don't know how to describe what happened to this poor tart. It took on a sickly sweet but fake note, like lipgloss or chapstick. A lot of my berry type scents have been doing this. It's really a bummer!

Scent Strength: 3/3

Scent Throw: 5/3 This filled the entire apartment with its weird, chokingly fake notes.

Melting Power: 2/5 I let this go for about 3 hours before deciding that there was nothing I could do for the wax and tossed it.

Repurchase: Probably not. I think I could have gotten better scent performance if I had melted less wax, but it was still horrifying enough that I don't think I'll be picking up this scent any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love BRV in body products but have found I really don't like it in home fragrance.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long long time ago I had a BRV sugar scrub that I absolutely loved and that's what makes me keep buying this scent in home fragrance even though I know at this point that it won't smell as good. I think I should stop being so stubborn and accept that it just ain't gonna work out in wax.

      Delete