Monday, February 29, 2016

Better Homes and Gardens - Butterscotch Maple Cream

Scent Description: None available

Weight Melted: 0.8 oz

Location of Warmer: Living Room, in a tealight warmer :)

Cold Sniff: 3/5 A nice butterscotch and maple type scent, but it had a weird waxy undertone that I feel like a lot of blends with vanilla have.

Warm Sniff: 4/5 The weird waxy tone was still there, but it stayed in the area immediately around the warmer so I didn't mind. The rest of this remained a pleasant, light scent that remained true to its name. There was an almost rum-like note to it, but it was very light.

Scent Strength: 1/3

Scent Throw: 3/3 This filled the entire living room.

Melting Power:  4/5 I got 6 hours from this before the scent died off and the tealight candle went out.

Purchase: This was a gift. I would get this if I could! I'll be saving the last 4 cubes for times when I want the house to smell nice but don't want to assault anyone's noses with some potentially ridiculous blends. 

3 comments:

  1. This is always crazy strong for me. It had been one of my absolute favorite scents for quite some time. It's been a while since I've had it though. With my changing tastes, I wonder if I'd still like it.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your changing tastes I wonder if you would find yourself liking scents you used to not like. I know Zucchini is still a no-go... but what about *gasp* lavender?!
      I can see why you like this one so much! I keep pulling it out and almost melting it before telling myself I need to go through some other wax first :)

      Delete
    2. I'm not quite as anti-lavender as I used to be, but it's still not something I'd go for on my own. If someone gifts a lavender scent to me it usually ends up in hubby's stash.

      I had two wonderful melts yesterday and now today I hate the one I picked for my morning melt. Gah!

      ~Deb

      Delete