Sunday, March 6, 2016

Pine Needles Handcrafted Soap

Ahh, such a gorgeous soap. I love how the swirls turned out and how white I was able to get the white section of my soap. Very minimal titanium dioxide dragging, too!




Base Oils: Olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, castor oil
Superfatting: sesame oil
Additives: Tussah silk fibers, sodium lactate
Fragrance: Non-measured blend of Fir Needle, Pine essential oil, Cinnamon Stick, Peppermint Bark, Cedarwood Vanilla, and Plumeria

This scent blend turned out quite interesting. It definitely makes me think of pine needles, but there are small bits of floral and woody notes that make me think of a tree on the edge of some sort of field of flowers. That scent transferred into the soap quite wonderfully, losing none of its qualities even while lathering up.

Making this soap was a breeze. I had a nice creamy base colored soap, making it easy for me to get an authentic color. The soap was thick enough to maintain each color but runny enough to swirl together into the lovely masterpiece you see. I sprinkled some glitter on the top because I wanted something shiny like now, and this soap successfully gelled in the oven before I unmolded.

Nobody back home has used this soap since it has cured, so I will have to come back and edit this soap if they ever tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment