Monday, April 25, 2016

Haul: Lush Korea April 2016


Birthday weekend activities brought me to the Itaewon area. Of course that meant I had to visit Lush.

I had some specific things in mind - a hair cream, and a new shampoo, to name a few - but we of course picked up a few extra things. What did we pick up, do you ask? Why, let me show you!



Outback Mate Soap: "Get clean down under with this zingy blend of eucalyptus, lemongrass and peppermint. Wake up with a smile on your face, or put one there with tingly peppermint, and lemongrass to uplift. Eucalyptus clears and cheers in this refreshing soap that's perfect to wash away the blues."
This soap was pricey. We bought 10.5 ounces, or 305 grams, for 24,800W. That converts to about $21 USD, which is pricier than buying the soap in store in Australia or the UK. I did notice, however, that this soap is not available in the US, so if you factor in shipping and all that extra fun stuff this turns out to be a reasonable price for the amount we got. I cut this up into 7 slices that will each take us a while to go through.
This was a soap M picked up because we knew he needed more soap. He has issues with itchy skin and he's liked how each of the Lush soaps we've tried has performed. This is very heavy on the lemongrass and peppermint. And eucalyptus. This is a very in your face & wake you up kind of scent. I wouldn't mind washing my face with this in the mornings.


Love and Light Hand Cream: "Let a little Love and Light into your life. This softening neroli and fair trade organic cocoa butter cream will make light work of moisturizing your hands, so keep it within reach for when dryness strikes. Brazilian orange, orange blossom and neroli will brighten up your skin (and your mood) in an instant. Fragrant and divinely softening, this lotion is a Midsummer Night's Dream for sore hands."
This 100g pot cost 32,000W, or about $28. A little goes a long way, though, and I really liked how this made my hands feel in the store. The first day I used this at home I noticed how strong that neroli scent is. If that concerns you, know that it tapers off considerably as this soaks into the skin. In fact it pretty much disappears. More importantly, however, is how soft it makes your hands. I used very little, just a smidgen off the lid of the container, and several hours later when M got home from work he commented on how soft my hands were. I don't know how long this will take me to get through. Forever, at least. :)


Jersey Bounce Shampoo: "Get your hair in the swing of things with this big-time volumizing shampoo. Mineral-rich coarse sea salt leaves locks squeaky clean and full of volume, while softening linseed decoction, nourishing honey and protein-rich organic free range eggs soften and condition. A lemony plumping shampoo for shiny, voluminous and manageable hair? You've got it!"
This is the shampoo that will be replacing Curly Wurly once I finish it off. This shampoo is more liquid-ey than Curly Wurly. It reminds me of jello. It smells slightly of lemons and maybe some coconut? It's hard to say.
This 300g pot cost 26,000W, or about $22.


The Comforter Shower Cream: "This berrylicious, reassuring shower cream brings to mind warm, familiar memories. The blend of sweet cassis absolute, uplifting bergamot and assuring cypress essential oils create a blackcurrant aroma. Lather up and you'll feel like you're being wrapped in a warm hug."
The employee who was helping me washed my arm with this and I really liked how silky it made my skin feel.... so I picked one up. LOL. I figured since M was picking up a soap, I could pick one up for myself, okay! In the bottle it reminds me of Pepto Bismol. In fact I almost wiped the pink shimmery goodness off of the lid and popped it into my mouth without thinking about it while sniffing at it just now. Oops. On the skin, however, it smells much... nicer. I can't remember what exactly it smelled like but it was very nice. Not exactly like the comforter bubble bar but very similar.
This 250g pot cost 26,000W, or about $22.

Hair Custard Hair Dressing: "Smooth and soften your mane with this sweet vanilla-scented leave-in. Argan oil, fair trade organic cocoa butter and softening honey moisturize hair and fight frizz while fair trade vanilla pod infusion leaves behind the most delightful vanilla perfume. A heavier styling product, Hair Custard will give hair texture and hold."
The employee helping me said that this was a good styling product, and used it in my hair to let me see how it smelled. While she was putting it in my hair, she told me my hair is very lovely. That made me smile and get very giddy.
I don't use this as a styling product, but it seems very good for that purpose. Instead I use very little as a curl definer/frizz tamer. I know I said I don't like using hair gels or creams, but the smell alone makes me remember to put this in my hair the moment I get out of the shower. Sweet honey and vanilla. The scent lasts a long time while not overpowering other scents, which I like. A little goes a long way, too. I've used this every day for the past 3 weeks and I've yet to use up the small amount that was on the lid. I feel like this was what my Sun solid perfume should have been in terms of scent performance.
This 100g pot cost 35,000W, or about $30.

Cupcake Face Mask: "Cupcake is our one fresh face mask that was created for a bit of fun. At the time, our inventor’s daughter was a young girl having slumber parties with her girlfriends every weekend, so he whipped up a chocolate mint mask for young, oily skin (officially solidifying him as the coolest dad ever). If you suffer from oily or spotty skin, slather it in this cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse- Cupcake is a sweet savior for young faces. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Every teenage girl’s dream."
This was a sample Saponé gave us after seeing M's interest in the fresh face masks on display. He also made a silly display of trying to eat the cupcake mask they had sitting out, which the employees found very funny. I feel like M's brand of humor fits in perfectly with how Koreans do humor. I have combination skin with a reverse T-Zone (that area is dry and flaky while the rest of my skin is oily), but I think I'll try this out anyway just because M seems to be dragging his feet on trying this out. Maybe it's because it's at the back of the fridge and he never sees it. :)


These are the two pins I got for this visit. One was because I ended up buying what an employee recommended to me. The other... I can't remember. That brings my total number of pins to 4!

I'd say this was one of my favorite Lush hauls so far, which surprises me. I used to be a bath bomb & bubble bar kind of girl. Nothing else from Lush interested me. Now I'm branching out and finding that I like it, much to the chagrin of my wallet. It's fun splurging on myself!

Have you tried any of these products? Which ones do you think you'd like out of this bunch?

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul! That Outback soap sounds incredible. There are only a few Lush bar soaps I enjoy but this one sounds like it might be one of them. Any type of bright, minty, lemony fresh scent sends me into raptures. I think I remember smelling it in Harajuku and liking it but I ended up buying May Pole instead. I did get a sample of Comforter bath cream but I could not get on with it. It had a sharp cough syrup and bubblegum scent to my nose that I could not get past. I ended up dumping it. Your shampoo sounds cool. I would love a review of that.

    I have two small container of Love & Light that I have not used yet due to that sharp neroli note but if you say it goes away I will break them out today. I may as well start using it. Lord knows my hands and feet could use it. I may use it all over because I am weird like that. Great haul!! Is it your birthday????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try out Outback if you get a chance! We used it for our weekend in Daegu and it really helped wake us up and kept our skin feeling fresh, soft, and clean!
      Once I have some used of that shampoo under my belt I'll be sure to post a review of it! :)

      I loooove what Love & Light ends up smelling like once the neroli goes away. Like you I'm not a fan of the neroli note, so I was super excited when it faded away. I use mine everywhere, too! I used it on my face when it was slightly tender from the sun and it worked wonders while I slept. I woke up with a soft face and no more tender or red skin.

      My birthday was waaay at the beginning of the month, on April 3rd. I simply took forever to post what I got. :)

      Delete